Thursday, October 24, 2013

Blog 1

     The last time I did a research project was last year in my Us History Class last year with Ms Mangiero. This assignment was for a contest to win a free trip to Italy. I have to compare the Library of Congress to the San Marco Library and how they connect to the birth of America and the Italian Renaissance. It had to be an informational essay so I had to use various forms of information and use different databases to gather this info. I had explored many different website some not being in English but in Italian.

     While writing this essay I felt confident when I wrote it because I knew what I was writing about. The directions were fully explained we had to write a research essay about The San Marco Library and The Library of Congress the Italian Renaissance and the Birth of America. The topic however was not selected by me or my teacher. The topic was chosen by the Foundation running the contest for the free Italy trip. Although I did not know much about the topic I had to do a lot of research to be able to understand what I was writing.
    

     I thought writing this essay was extremely interesting to learn about another time in history and how it relates to how America was born. The essay was not hard to write it was just a lot of research since I had a broad perspective of the topic so it was a little challenging but in the end I ended up winning the contest but I did not take the opportunity to go away to Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment